Tuition Reduction Program (TRP)
The Tuition Reduction Program at St. Vincent de Paul gives every family of Preschool through 8th grade students the opportunity to reduce tuition without selling or purchasing items. Your family purchases gift certificates from major retailers through a weekly order form listing participating stores, restaurants and services. You can download a pdf file of the order form via the link below.
Participating retailers agree to sell gift certificates and gift cards to our organizers at a discount. Families purchase the certificates and cards for full face value. They are redeemed for full face value and the difference between the discount and the face value is the amount we earn and pass on to you as tuition credits. It is estimated that a family of four could earn $300 to $600 in discounts per year.
What is unique about this program is that you put your regular household shopping to work without spending an additional penny. Just spend your shopping dollars using gift certificates and gift cards at the stores that participate in the program.
TRP order form: current as of 2/28/17
Please note that all forms must be turned into the school office each Thursday. Orders will not be taken if for any reason there is a school closing on Thursday. Pickup of the previous Thursdays order will be on the next school day.
Kroger Community Rewards
Kroger has a program called Kroger Community Rewards Program – an easy way to earn money towards your tuition here at St. Vincent for Kindergarten through 8th grade. You may begin earning in Preschool and your earnings will be saved in an account and may be used when your child comes to Kindergarten. All you need is your Kroger Plus Card that you already use to receive discounts at Kroger. If you do not have a Kroger Plus Card, go to any Kroger customer service counter and pick one up.
This Community Rewards Program is very easy to use. We have enrolled in this program and you may being enrolling today. Just follow these simple steps on-line at:
Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with the school office after you sign up. Please call the school office with the names of each family member who will be helping you with earnings for tuition. When the report is received by the school, only a name is reported, not which family. If the earnings cannot be matched with a family, then it will go to the school’s general fund.
- Click on Sign In/Register
- Click on SIGN UP TODAY in the New Customer box.
- Enter your zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your e-mail address and creating a password, and then agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- You will then get a message to check your e-mail inbox and click on the link within the body of the e-mail.
- Click on My Account and use your e-mail address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number found on the back of your plus card.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter our schools organization NPO # 81083 or St. Vincent de Paul School from the list and click on confirm.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see St. Vincent de Paul School on the right side of your information page
REMEMBER, purchases will not count for your group until after you register your card(s). You must give the cashier your plus card to swipe when you are shopping for each purchase to count towards your tuition.
If you have any questions regarding this program, please call the office. Please tell all of your family members, friends and neighbors to help you!
TRP Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a minimum order amount?
No, but orders must follow the certificate amount reflected on the order form.
Are there any limitations on the use of the certificates?
Yes, in that they are not to be used to pay a charge account balance.
Must I order every week?
No, but follow the procedure on the order form when ordering.
Can the order be added to or deleted from once submitted?
Unfortunately, once the order has been processed it cannot be changed. However, the order in its entirety may be cancelled prior to 5 p.m. on the order due day. No other changes are permitted.
Is it possible to be out of a certain certificate that was ordered?
Infrequently, our supplier may temporarily run out of stock. The certificate will be placed on back order and included in your next order. If you do not place an order the next week, the back-ordered item will be delivered to you within ten days.
May I return certificates and/or gift cards?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to return once processed. Clearly, it is very important to review and closely check your order before submitting.
What reasons are there for my order not to be processed?
Orders will not be processed in their entirety due to the following reasons:
- No payment or money order included.
- Payment does not balance to grand total on order form.
- Quantity and total does not balance on order form.
- Order form not correctly or completely filled out.
- Order submitted after weekly cut-off day and time.
May people other than my immediate family participate in the program?
Yes. Anyone may participate on your behalf, including relatives, friends, and co-workers. The only restriction is that their orders must be consolidated on your order form and only your check or money order is to be used for the total payment. Only one order per family, per week will be processed.
How will I know the status of my tuition reduction amount?
Quarterly reports will be furnished.
When will the tuition reduction payment be made to school?
Payments will be made toward the December and May tuition for students in K-8. Preschool parents can accumulate their tuition reduction amount for use when in Kindergarten.
How will orders be processed for planned and unplanned school days off?
Order and processing is a weekly cycle. Thursday is order submission day and the following Thursday is pick-up day. If school is not in session on Thursday, order and processing will not be done for that week. Orders from the previous week will be available for pick-up the next day school is in session.
May a student pick up the completed order?
Yes, if the waiver form has been completed and returned to the TRP coordinator. A waiver will be in force for the school year unless revoked by the parent. The waiver form is printed on the program guidelines page.
What do all of the columns on the order form mean?
- Vendor: Name of the retailer offering the discount.
- Credit (%):Percent of the gift certificate or gift card going toward tuition reduction.
- Cert.: Gift certificate or gift card denomination that may be purchased.
- QTY: Number or quantity of certificates or cards in that denomination to be purchased.
- Total: Cert. times QTY is the total amount purchased. All totals added make the grand total.