The school handbook outlines the policies, rules, and procedures that guide St. Vincent de Paul School.
Uniform Dress Code
The purpose of the St. Vincent uniform policy for kindergarten through eighth grade (K-8) is to promote learning, encourage modesty, foster school pride, reduce the distraction and cost of fashion as well as disruptions and disciplinary problems. Please review the uniform policy before making any purchases. If you are unsure if something is within the code, call the office before making the purchase.
Family members (parents, grandparents, older siblings) are a tremendous help to our school! The 25 hours or more of volunteer service provided by each family enables us to work together to provide a high-quality academic program and a wide variety of extracurricular activities for the children of St. Vincent de Paul School. Watch SchoolSpeak announcements for opportunities or call the office. Please visit the office to log your volunteer hours.
All paid staff must have on file both BCI and FBI background checks and must attend “Protecting God’s Children.” All volunteers must have on file a BCI background check and must attend “Protecting God’s Children” no matter how much or how little contact they have with children or youth, no matter if volunteering for the school or parish, and no matter what time of the day or night they volunteer.
Other Ways to Support our School
There are many ways to support the school with purchases you make and with items you already have. These include:
Box Tops and Labels for Education:
Collecting box tops helps us to earn great things for our classrooms. Since 2002, over $10,000 have been raised through this programs by family and friends.
For a list of participating products see:
Recycling Ink Cartridges:
Please send in your empty ink jet and laser cartridges to the school library or office for recycling.
Use GoodSearch as your internet browser. GoodSearch is powered by Yahoo, but with a unique social mission. They donate 50% of advertising revenue to the nonprofits and schools selected by their users. Please follow the simple directions to enter St. Vincent de Paul School (Mt. Vernon, OH). Then, every time you search the internet St. Vincent de Paul School will earn money. Sign up today!
Inclement Weather Policy
If there is a need to cancel or delay school due to weather conditions, school families can receive this information in the following ways:
- Posted on SchoolSpeak
- Receive an email/text via School Reach/School Speak if the family has chosen that option
- Posted on our Twitter Feed
- Listen to 1300 WMVO AM or 93.7 WQIO FM radio stations
- Watch TV channels 4, 6, 10 or 28
Please listen for St. Vincent de Paul School. Do not assume that we will follow what the other area schools will be doing.
Preschool will not have class when St. Vincent de Paul School is closed for a calamity or snow day. If St. Vincent de Paul School is on a one-hour delay, the morning preschool class will begin at 9:00 a.m. (regular time). If St. Vincent de Paul School is on a two hour delay, the morning preschool class will begin at 9:45 a.m. and dismiss at their regular time of 11:30 a.m. for 2 Days, 3 Days & 5 Day Flex Program and Noon for Pre-K.
Blue Streak Cafe Lunch
The fee for a hot lunch is $3.00 per lunch. Each lunch purchased includes a choice of white or chocolate milk. Lunches must be paid for in advance in the school office. Milk may be purchased for 35 cents in the school office. Please see SchoolSpeak for the weekly hot lunch menu.
The St. Vincent de Paul School dismissal policy reads as follows for grades Kindergarten-8th grades:
School is dismissed at 2:30pm.
- Students waiting for parents must wait inside the High Street doors or the doors to the parking lot. Students will not be allowed on the playground or in the gym without direct adult supervision.
- Children who are walking should leave the school grounds immediately upon dismissal.
- All children not picked up by 2:45 will be asked to wait in the office. If children have not been picked up by the time the office is to close (3:00), children will be sent down to SACCP (after school care) and parents will be responsible for payment.
Please understand this Policy is not in place to be unfriendly but it is in place for the safety and protection of our students, staff, and our school.
Tuition Reduction Programs
The Tuition Reduction Program at St. Vincent de Paul gives every family of Preschool through 8th grade students the opportunity to reduce tuition. Families purchase gift cards of participating retailers through the TRP order form. Participating retailers agree to sell gift cards to our organizers at a discount. Families purchase the cards at face value. The difference between the discount and the face value is the amount earned, which is passed on to the family as tuition credits. It is estimated that a family of four could earn $300 to $600 in discounts per year. Forms must be turned into the school office each Thursday. Orders will not be taken if for any reason there is a school closing on Thursday. Pickup of the previous Thursdays order will be on the next school day.
Kroger Community Rewards:
Kroger Community Rewards Program is an easy way to earn money towards your tuition for Kindergarten through 8th grade. For Preschool families, earnings will be saved in an account and may be used when your child comes to Kindergarten. To participate, all you need is to swipe your Kroger Plus Card at check out. If you do not have a Kroger Plus Card, go to any Kroger customer service counter and pick one up. If you have friends and family helping you with this effort, please contact the school office with their names. This is very important because when the office receives the report it just has the card member’s name, not the family who is earning tuition reduction. To finish enrolling, follow these simple steps online at:
- Click on Create an Account
- Click on Sign Up Today in the New Customer box.
- Enter your zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your e-mail address and creating a password, and then agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- You will then get a message to check your e-mail inbox and click on the link within the body of the e-mail.
- Click on My Account and use your e-mail address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number found on the back of your plus card.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter our schools organization NPO # 81083 or St. Vincent de Paul School from the list and click on confirm.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see St. Vincent de Paul School on the right side of your information page
Heart Safe School information
Download Information Here
WELLNESS POLICY (DOWNLOAD HERE)